Guest Editor Introduction, Francisco Esteban
Articles Wilhelm von Humboldt, Cardinal John Henry Newman and José Ortega y Gasset: Back to the Future of University Education, Francisco Esteban
What Part Does University Play in the Development of a Caring Character Disposition for Nurses? Some Theoretical, Historical, and Empirical Considerations, Sandra Cooke
Actualizing Moral Education in Japan’s Tertiary Sector: Reitaku University’s Response to Today’s Challenges, Osamu Nakayama.
The Complexity of Character: An Ability‐Based Model for Higher Education, Sandra E. Graham and Mary E. Diez
Commentary Moral and Character Education: A Ground‐Truth Perspective, Richard H. Hersh
Vol. 10 |
Number 2 |
Teaching to Strengths: Character Education for Urban Middle School Students, Meghan F. Oppenheimer, Claire Fialkov, Bruce Ecker, and Sanford Portnoy
Social-Emotional and Character Development: A Theoretical Orientation, Frank J. Snyder
Exploring Characteristics of Young Adult Men: Initial Findings From a Mixed Methods Evaluation of an All-Male, Character-Focused Trade School, Sara K. Johnson, Rachel M. Hershberg, Miriam R. Arbeit, Lisette M. DeSouza, Kristina Schmid Callina, Akira S. Gutierrez, Daniel J.A. Warren, Elise M. Harris, Rachel O. Rubin, Jacqueline V. Lerner, and Richard M. Lerner
Educating for Moral Identity: An Analysis of Three Moral Identity Constructs With Implications for Moral Education, Tonia Bock and Peter L. Samuelson
Voices Born Again Character Education Teacher: A Math Teacher’s Journey, Mark Schumacker
What Do You Hope Kids Are Doing 20 Years After Graduation?
Observations on Goals, Purpose, and the Journal of Character Education’s Inaugural Issue, David Streight
Volume 10 |
Number 1 |
- The Coming Apart of America’s Civic Culture by Charles Murray
- The Promise and Peril of Coming of Age in the 21st Century by Daniel Lapsley
- Reflections on Murray, Lapsley, and Educating for Character in the 21st Century by Thomas Lickona
- With Liberty and Justice for All: Character Education for America’s Future by F. Clark Power
- The Future of Character Education and Social-Emotional Learning: The Need for Whole School and Community-Linked Approaches by Maurice J. Elias
- The Foundation for Democracy: School Climate Reform and Prosocial Education by Jonathan Cohen
- Virtue: An Argument Worth Rehearsing by Karen E. Bohlin
- Easing the Transition to Middle Adolescence: Educational Implications by Kathy Beland
- It’s Unanimous: Effective Character Education Isn’t Quick or Superficial and It Begins With Caring Relationships by Russ Sojourner
- A Character Education Research Perspective for the 21st Century by Matthew Davidson
Special Rates for Character.org Members
Free with Character.org membership (US orders only).
*International shipping rates apply for members outside of the US.
Join now at www.character.org/membership .
Regular Subscription Rates
- Institutions: $190
- Personal: $85
- Student: $65
*$30 shipping fee for international orders