Extensions and Adaptations
- The fourth grade sentences will be passed on to members of the adult Character Education Committee who will work with fifth grade students to condense fourth grade’s work into six concise sentences.
- Fifth grade will pass the sentences along to sixth grade students and teachers who will work together to revise wording and structure of the sentences that will create the Touchstone.
- Students will recite the Touchstone weekly as part of our morning announcements.
- Students will create monthly videos depicting Touchstone principles.
- Students and faculty will recognize students whose actions exemplify the Touchstone with “Touchstone Touchdowns” or “Touchstone Triumphs”.
- A Touchstone Reflection form will be a part of every discipline referral.
- The Touchstone will be incorporated into classroom curriculum through poetry, journal prompts, artwork, shares, and morning meetings.
Related Links and Resources
Building an Intentional School Culture: Excellence in Academics and Character
by Charles Elbot and David Fulton
“Touchstone Soup” Worksheet
Keys to Success Letter