Extensions and Adaptations
- Refer to the characters from a given story throughout the year. This will help the students remember what they did in the story and will help them make the appropriate decision when needed.
- Have the students create (draw, color, build) a character that represents a value or trait that they want to work on or that they do well and display them in a bulletin board or around the room.
- Have the students act out their plays to lower grade levels to help spread the messages throughout the building.
- Students can reflect on what they learned in a writing journal or short response to literature activity. Adaptations
- Lower-level reader can listen to the story on CD
- Create teams of mixed learning abilities
- Leave the words on the board from the opening discuss to give strugglers options to answer during after each play and during the closing discussion/reflection